Who hear the Hyperion at the CEs this year ?

I did not saw a lot of feedback about this year CES...
ndeslions
Nobody seems to be mentioning the electronics they were being driven with? If I am not mistaken it was Hyperions own line. I'm sure this had a little to do with their lean sound and slightly accentuated treble.
Dlwask, you brought up a good point. The electronics could be the cause. Who knows?
I stopped by and listened for a while

They appear to use all new equipment for the demo - new tube preamp, new monoblocks and new speakers, I tried to check these out on their website but no details are available yet.

I also remember the demo guy saying that the bass drivers of the 938W are aluminium as opposed to the graphite ones on the piano black 938s, supposedly to give a better lower freqeuncy response.

I think the sound is still very raw but the traits of great speakers are there - soundstaging, depth and amazingly fast response. I'll definitely pop by a dealer to take a serious listen. If the piano black version can perform as well, I think $4500 is a great bargain.
Hi Folks. My customer service experience with Hyperion was very positive. I had a midrange driver that needed replacing in a 938 very early in the break-in process. Yep it happens to the best of them.

Hyperion "overnighted" a complete replacement upper cabinet at their expense. Practically zero down time and no questions asked. I then shipped the old cabinet back using the return label provided.

This is what I'd expect from a vendor and Hyperion delivered without pause.

Dear Audiophiles,

I am Albert Wu. First of all, I would like to thank you all on behave of Hyperion for your continuous help and support. The purpose of this posting is only to clear some questions raised in this thread.

As shown in the our website, products we introduced in the CES 2005 were the followings,
1. New product, 3 way full range speakers, HPS-938W in Bird-eye Maple wood veneer with 8” aluminum woofer drivers. (The one reviewed by Avguide.com, 6moons.com, enjoythemusic.com and shown in HE 2004 is HPS-938).
2. New Product, BEC-MONO (Solid State Mono Block)
3. New Product, BEC-P25T (Pure Tube Pre-amp)
4. New Product, network speaker cables, NS-250
5. New Product, BP-200 (Balanced Power Cord)
6. Demo CD player, TL 51 Z from CEC

These products basically represent all the design concepts and ideas that Hyperion has developed for the high-end audio industry. They are brand new for the show.

We have redesigned the cabinet and the woofer driver for HPS-938W, and in addition to the metal spike footings, we also added an option of a wider cast-iron footing set for HPS-938W. The total weight of HPS-938W is nearly 60 lb more than HPS-938. The aluminum woofer provides a lower base extension, but reduces the volume about 1dB.

The CD player (TL 51 Z) from CEC is a great player for the money in our opinion. We basically share this product with you.

Hopefully, the editor is okay with my posting. Many thanks to your enthusiasm. As always, enjoy your music.

Albert Wu