ProAC 2.5 users please share experience on amp

Sorry I have to start a new thread again about right amplifer for the proAC response 2.5. I am searching a good match for it. Please share your experience on this. I am using Cary SLI-80 sig currently. Sound is beautiful but think there maybe lots of space for further improvment. Based on my researh here:

SS: Plinius 9200

TUBE:
Audio Research (VT100+ LS7)or VT50+ LS7
C-J premier 11a or 12

Pretube/SS Power:
Blue circle BC21/BC22(or BAT 200)

anymore input? I listen to classic and some jazz.
the budget is below ~$2500. room size: 16x13x9 . I prefer to tube sound~

Thanks in advance~`
smileshopper2000
I just read speaker review at Speaker Asylum, (link: http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.pl?forum=speakers&n=67219&review=1)
The reviewer get almost same experience on the symphonie. "...but when things get cooking the violins get a little massed and lose some of the sweetness that makes them so beautiful in live performances. Also very difficult/impossible to get them to layer the orchestra properly..."~~

of course, I also got the same outstanding result with solo cell, which one of best i ever heard~~~.

Well, is this becasue of the "weakness" of equipment(JRDG Concentra Int Amp(SS) ) he used or it is ProAC 2.5's own weakness..?

I am wondering......... ANY comment~~??
Be careful with that Proac distributor in Baltimore. I was developing a great relationship with a local dealer in Northern California who happened to be a Proac dealer. I was NOT shopping for Proacs at this dealer, but, I did spend $7000 that year on audio gear and vinyl at this dealer. I thought maybe $7000 buys you a little good will, no? When I contacted the Proac distributor for a part for my 2.5's, he complained to my local dealer, who then got pissed that I had not purchased the Proacs from him. This did no one any good; that is, I no longer spend ANY money at this dealer and I certainly would not consider any more Proacs, because I don't want to risk having to deal with this distributor. The distributor damaged a good dealer-customer relationship and shot himself in the foot.
You might check out the Canary amps that are for sale, some new in box for, I think, $1,795.00 and one used for $1,350.00 but for some reason the ad says "300B tubes excluded"?!? Maybe not enough power, though.
Art, those kind of stories make me feel better about buying and selling with fellow enthusiasts instead. I don't know why so many dealers feel the need to exhibit such pomposity on the rare occassions I drop into a store. Maybe it's the way I look. Your dealer and distributor have shown a short sightedness that is mystifying.

Canary, eh Tom?
Hi Gang. Interesting thread here. Smileshopper... Given the proportions of you room, there are many amplifiers that will work well for you.I am sure you are aware that the response series of the proacs love tube amplification. The better the amplifier the bigger the reward. They will respond well with both high powered amps as well as some of the lower powered amps. Solid state?.... can be done, but far more difficult to optimize than tubes and the solid scrape amps that do make music are very expensive [ read accuphase, FM acoustics, pass etc]. For that kind of money you can buy some fabulous vacuum tubes amps. As KW6 posted earlier... the Cary 805's with the proacs are in a whole higher leaugue than most anything I can think of at that price point. The el-34 based CJ amps can make for a very engaging musical experience for a whole lot less though. I suppose it will all come down to your budget. The good thing here is you have many more options available due to the proacs rather begign load it presents to the amplifier. I used a pair of response 4's paired with an older pair of el-34 based VAC pa90c's with outstanding results,and in a room more than double the size of yours. Furthermore... I used the vacs in pure triode mode at a mere 45 watts/channel as opposed to using the 90 watts in ultralinear mode. Yeah... the power thing does have some merit with lesser quality amplification but is "WAY" overrated here in many cases when tube amps are employed ,especially considering the size of your room. The proac 2.5's are a "top shelf" speaker by anyones standards and deserve the best amplification you can muster up for them. Best of luck on your journey.