single driver loudspeakers

I was wondering about your opinions or experiences regarding single driver speakers? I am considering purchasing a pair of Bob Brines' FT-1600 to replace my present speakers. I read wonderful comments about these and other single driver speaker but was hoping for a broader sampling.
lcrim
I've been looking at the same speakers.Bob is very insightful.It sounds like he knows what he's doing as well!
The FTA 2000a will be my next speaker purchase.I called Madisound about a week ago and they still have some F200A drivers in stock.
AmandaRae, the first photo looks like one of King's designs. Bob Brines used much of King's theory in order to build his speakers.

The second post, the ones with the supertweeter, those are the Ft2000A. The scarcity of the F200As make them limited and sooner or later, precious in the used market. Although I think just a discening few who lucked out buying those drivers will be able to enjoy them. Foreing sites, like DB Design, from the Netherlands sold their last pair, used for a high price. Maybe they will be available only from some Japanese DIY stores.
Hey Gmood1! Good to hear from you & note that you did take the single-driver plunge!
What did you end up getting? The Omegas?
Bet that you are spending less time on A'gon & more listening to your music!
You are so right my friend.I did end up with the Omega Grande 8s in slightly larger cabinets than the standard versions. I am planning to hit Earthshakers today and demo some of their tube equipment. I'm taking my RAM modded SC3 Toshiba 3960 along for the ride. I will also have a shoot out between it and a stock Arcam FMJ DV27 today.Tomorrow it will be a stock Denon 3910 in the crosshairs.It should be an interesting two days.

All the Best!
AmandaRae, noticed you got a speaker set up from Bob Brines, can you comment on the sound, the lows please?