Wilson Benesch ARC vs. other Scanspeak revelators

I am very interested in purchasing a pair of the WB ARCs but was unsure whether they were significantly better than other monitors that use the scanspeak revelator for a much more reasonable price (i.e. Tyler accoustics, reference 3A MM De Capo, and Focus audio). I do realize that the WBs use a slightly modified version of the revelator, and they do have a more advanced cabinet design, but do these factors significantly increase sound quality over the tylers, focus, and the like? I feel like the only monitor that compete with the WB ARC in the $5k range is the star sound (harmonic precision) caravelle. Does anyone have any other suggestions in this price range?
linaeum66
Have you listened to the WB ARC? I have had a pair for 1.5 years and they great. They are coherent but also detailed. You will not find a dynnamic speaker that is more relaxed and devoid of cabinet coloration. They also can play at high volumes, easily placed and are made very well. The Tactic driver (designed and built by WB) is another distiction of the WB line.

You need to listen to this speaker. The sum of the high quality parts is astounding.
Linaeum,

As a Focus Audio dealer, I can tell you that the WB ARC and the SF Cremona Auditor are the two most common speakers that people are considering when they come to get a Focus FS688 demonstration. Anecdotally, I successfully sell the FS688 about half the time...so you might conclude from that that they are all in the same league performance-wise, and it might come down to personal tastes. Or it may come down to what gear you use it with and the synergies (SF Cremona Auditor is a 4ohm speaker, WB ARC is 6ohm, Focus FS688 is 8ohm). I've heard all three, and as a Focus dealer, you can imagine my preference ;-)
[email protected], the reason that the Discoverys sound more than $2000 better than the ARCs is because they are around $5000 more than the ARCs. The arcs are only $3600, I think the discoverys are around $8500.
Rello, I have listened to the ARC (only breifly in at audiovision SF), although I have never heard them in my own system so I could do a direct compairison with my tyler taylo monitors. I'm having trouble deciding if it is worth the jump in price from the tylers to the WBs. Do you happen to know any more info about the tactic driver, or the tweeter perhaps?
The Tyler products seem to use the Seas Millenium Tweeter. Or is that the same as the Scanspeak Revelator?