Audio Note speaker kit 2, experience?comments?

I am thinking about buying an Audio Note Kit 2 speaker and building my own cabinets.

How much power do they really need? I like to turn it up a bit...

Is there a clear choice in the AN speaker line up? I know the prices change quite a bit but maybe one is clearly the better deal etc...

BTW I now own AN Lexus speaker wire and AN-V IC FWIW

ANY comments or suggestons are appreciated..

thanks,

Phil
128x128philjolet
The K, J, and E speakers are all very good sounding speakers. The K speakers really work best with at least ten good watts. The J and E speakers are more efficient; I prefer the sound of the J speakers. Think they have a nice and tighter bass plus they take up less room. Any good 300b amplifier designed to work best into 8 ohms will work well with the J and E speakers.
C123666

Thank you for the response, I guess at this time the model E is the only kit available sold as the Kit 2. If all goes well I will buy it soon. I really love the sound of 300b SET amplifiers but can not afford one at this time though may end up with the Kit 1 someday. The Soro will have to do and do pretty well at that I am sure.

Have you heard any of the Audio Note speakers setup in the corners? That is my plan if I go thru with it. I am looking forward to enhanced dynamic range and big soundstage and just hope they better my Trentes.

thanks for your comments,

Phil
I have my AN AZ3 set up in corners, and I think it does make a huge difference with AN speakers. The AZ3 is a two way floorstander, quasi quarter wave front loaded horn. Much more dynamic and a better soundstage than traditional placements, in my room. For the money, a great speaker. I don't know if they sound better than the Trentes, because I've never heard them. I do know the AZ3 sounds better than my Legacy's for 2 channel with tubes, by a wide margin.

I have thought about building some KIT 3's, becuse they are about 4 db more efficient. For $1850, I don't think you could go wrong. If you have the woodworking skills, the look could rival AN's $20k+ speakers.

Joe