Stands for Soliloquy 5.0 Monitors

These are sweet little speakers. I'm driving them with an ARC integrated (50 watts). My problem is with the selection for stands with them. I home auditioned them with some low-mass (unfilled) Sanus stands. The speakers sounded wonderful, warm and punchy and with very clean/sweet highs. I sent those stands back and purchased the custom Soliloquy high mass stands and filled them with sand. The deep bass is now extremely solid, but the mid-bass is reigned in and they sound a bit thin in the mid-range.
What stands are other Soliloquy 5.0 owners using.
Thanks!
Chris
ssglx
Soliloquy 5.0 owners. Please let me know what stands you are using and how you have them filled, and whether you are pleased with the result.

Thanks,
Chris
I've got my 5.0's on Sanus Steel Foundations 22" stands, filled with sand and with the speakers sitting on sorbothane pads. The bass is de-emphasized a bit compared to direct coupling the speakers but I'm using a subwoofer with them so that isn't an issue. The mid and upper ranges are very nice. I did have to cut down the upper mounting plate on the stands because it's wider than the speakers but that wasn't a difficult modification and the stands are very nice quality for the price.