Quality Bookshelf Speakers

I am looking to upgrade an older pair of Thiel SCS bookshelves running on a 10 year old NAD 80 watt per channel amp and preamp. Have a BW ASW2000 sub. Demoed a pair of BW 602 S3 bookshelves and they were amazing compared to older Thiels. My price range is up to about $1500 for new speakers but want to keep the look fairly small and likely bookshelves - have stands. Provide me with a list of 5 fairly accessible bookshelves that I should also listen to for my price range and amp - given that I might also upgrade the amp in the next year or two. Getting into listening to well recorded music and love what the two channel plus sub does for movies. Thanks for any advice.
ladavid
great responses everyone - can see I have my homework cut out for me. Living in a fairly small city are there online retail sources where I might find some of these speakers if they are not available here. Thanks for the input
Sorry, if I'm not answering your thread correctly, but, I can't help but think that upgrading your amp instead of your speakers might be more rewarding.
unsound good question - I was so impressed with how much better the B&W 602's were with my amp I concluded that the speakers were the first thing to upgrade. Stuff I had never heard before on old cd's - although admittedly the 602's had hi end speaker cable (biwired on something like $300 cables) vs my thiels which have $2 a foot cable. Maybe I should take my theils to the stereo store and compare vs. something like the paradigms and run them both off a more advanced amp like musical fidelity. Advice, thoughts? My amp and preamp are nad 214 and 1000 respectively.