Smartphone for the audiophile?

Android vs Iphone. Is the Iphone the obvious/only choice? I am thinking in terms of pc audio control apps, direct streaming, plug in portable hi fi, mobile ipod music, in vehicles, internet radio, output to DACs etc. I realise this question depends on many factors, but in general, which serves the audiophile better, and why?
mike60
I'm upgrading from Blackerry Curve to
Apple IPhone 5S or Samsung Galaxy S5. Each is excellent.
So which is better for music?
Android 4.0 or higher supports audio over usb. You just need a otg cable. I run note II to Apex amp/dac (via otg cable) to PSB headphones. Sounds spectacular.
Android 4.0 or higher supports audio over usb. You just need a otg cable. I run note II to Apex amp/dac (via otg cable) to PSB headphones. Sounds spectacular.

I did not have any luck finding a cable to test this theory with my HTC One and my Antelope Zodiac.

However, it turns out that FiiO is just getting in on the act with the new E18 device: an external DAC / headphone amp that plugs directly into the HTC One among other Droids, with its own supplied cable.

If UPS arrives today, will have more info soon, but imagine this will be a dramatic improvement and a must have for any self respecting audiophile with a Droid.