OSKAR HEIL Tweeters?

Which line of speakers do include those well regarded tweeters?
herve1
I think that the most famous line of speakers that used Heil's were the ESS's. Other than Oskar's own product line, i don't know of any other company off the top of my head that has used these other than ESS. I'm sure that someone will be glad to refresh my memory though... : ) Sean
>
I believe you're correct, Sean. I hear one of the Ess models years ago here in NS. Loved the tweeter but the woofer never mated well with the tweeter IMO. I believe UHF mag reviewed both Oscars very favourably. I believe you can view these interesting speakers[oscars], at www.takefiveaudio.com.
Many years ago the now-defunct Lafayette brand (kind of another Radio Shack-type company) carried the tweeter in their top speakers. I believe it was in the "Criterion" lineup from that brand. The most successful incarnation, though, seems to have been the ESS company's models.

I've heard mixed things about the new speakers, some of them not terribly flattering regarding the durability of the current tweeter units at higher volume levels, and the sound at the crossover region. As usual, it's up to the listener...

Bluenose is right, however: it is VERY tough to mate that wonderful tweeter to ANYTHING dynamic.