B&W VS Dynaudio .........

I've grown bored with the sound of my B&W n803's and was considering replacing them with with Dynaudio contour 3.3's. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the 3.3's would mate well with my other components.

Marantz SA14
KRELL KCT
KAV 250a (I intend to replace this with 250mc's and run cast)
Transparent Reference interconnects & Synergistic Research resolution Reference speaker cables.

I am open to suggestions regarding equipment if someone cares to enlighten me.

Thanks in advance,

Damon
128x1282001impala
Can you explain why you are bored with the B&W's? That might help others make suggestions. I have found the 803 to be a wonderful speaker, especially when driven by Mark Levinson products. Have you thought of keeping the speakers and trying different amplifiers?
S7horton,

I've owned a couple different pairs of B&W's over the last few years and have been relatively pleased with them in various applications. However, the B&W's tend to have thier own sonic signature (as is true with most components)and it is that in which no longer appeals to me like it used to.

Regards,

Damon
Hey 2001impala,

I've heard that the Dyn' 3.0's sound a little better overall than the 3.3's. Just my .02.......John
You might try a few different things to improve your sound.

Dynaudio is very good (might even be better), but might give you a similar cool, dry sound quality as your B&Ws -especially with your Krell system.

First, I would recommend replacing your Krell preamp with perhaps a good tube preamp. Although it would seem to be the best mate to your Krell amps, I find that Krell preamps are not as musical as many others (i.e. Hovland, ARC, CJ, Rogue Audio, or even the Adcom GFP-750, etc.).

Or you could go with a simple approach and consider the BV Audio A300S integrated amplifier. It doesn't look too fancy, but it should improve your sound over your current Krell system -and the price is outstanding (well under $2k) for the sound that you get (extremely neutral from top to bottom). They also have a very fancy new amplifier that I guess is just now been released.

Or you could move up to Clayton Audio pure Class A solid-state. These will easily outperform Krell, and pretty much anything else out there that I have yet heard -tube or solid state. A preamp upgrade from your current Krell is recommended here as well.

Then, if you still want to upgrade your speakers, I would have you consider the Silverline Audio Sonata II or the Sonatina II, or even the Corona II (also, the ProAc Response 2.5 is also one of my favorites) depending upon how much bottom end extention and power you want. Easily outperforming (musically) similarly priced B&W models. Superb voicing and excellent musicality, not to mention good looks, make Silverline a must hear.

Authorized dealer for Clayton Audio and Silverline Audio.