Best music server for the money

Looking to add a music server to my system. Current equipment is a Theta pre-amp and 5 channel amp Wilson Duettes and a JL Audio f113 sub. I love the ease and convenience of the Sooloos but not sure about the hardware or sound quality for the money. I really do not want to use a computer but would prefer to load rip and go.
Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks guys
bkoenig
@Markus1299

Do you own a MV server? I have been considering this server and would like to know how well you like this server?
@Pkoegz

I don't know what you mean by computer savvy but if you built your fanless PC design, it probably excludes a large number of people. Most fanless CPU heatsinks are surprisingly difficult to install. I had a fair bit of trouble with my Zalman FX100 and I think the Streacom ones are much much harder to assemble.

For those who are daunted, they could probably just get smallgreencomputers or silentpc to build the complete computer for them. Doesn't cost a whole lot more either.

That said, I can't say I am a big fan of the way Microsoft Windows requires patches and updates at such regular intervals, especially when the updates seem to slow the machine down progressively.
Maxboy00,
Yes, I do own the Music Vault Diamond. It has been an excellent server. I previously owned a Mach2Music modified MacMini and the Music Vault widely trumps it in ease of use, sound quality and customer service. Neal is a pleasure to deal with and is right there if you need him.
Doggiehowser, did you not read the post? I bought mine from endpcnoise. If you had a zalman I am guessing you had a problem with the power supply which is no longer available. My server came to me built with all soft wear installed. All I did was download jrivers follow instruction and install my large digital library. Up in going in literally minutes. I know the basics in using a computer that's what I call not tech savy. I will tell you ALL music severs are computers. You need to learn as you go a little but as I said not rocket science.
That's why I recommended getting from companies such as silentpc or smallgreencomputers unless you are computer savvy enough to install. I guess you and I have different yardsticks :)

FWIW The Zalman FX100 needed a super long screw driver that could reach beyond the heatsink to secure the huge contraption to the motherboard. I am using a Seasonic fanless PSU.

SmallGreenComputers provide a way to use linear mode power supplies. Again these aren't stuff you can just pick up from your local computer store.

And as for running Windows - yes, it doesn't take a lot of effort to get it working - but understanding back ups, maintenance/patches etc can be quite frustrating for newbies.