Best music server for the money

Looking to add a music server to my system. Current equipment is a Theta pre-amp and 5 channel amp Wilson Duettes and a JL Audio f113 sub. I love the ease and convenience of the Sooloos but not sure about the hardware or sound quality for the money. I really do not want to use a computer but would prefer to load rip and go.
Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks guys
bkoenig
Look into the Vortex Box products on the Small Green Computer site. The Vortex Box Audiophile unit looks to be a winner. I'm looking to purchase one myself when the funds become available.

Good Luck,

R
Since Logitech has stopped developing the Slimserver/Logitech Media Server/Squeezeserver/Squeezebox line of media players, those that remain in the channel are screaming bargains. You'll need an NAS with enough processing power (see Vortexbox/Small Green Computer). But the Logitch Touch and the Logitech Transporter can do an outstanding job of serving hi-rez music for very little money these days.

If you're into DIY audio, check the Computer Audio website for their choices (when they're not gushing about Auralita's etc.). Some solid choices there with long-term viability -- although obsolescence (sp) is guaranteed with any digital source. It's a moving target.
Sony HAP Z1ES. Computer Audio without the computer.

Also available modified by Modwright or RedWineAudio if you wish.