Legacy Whisper-- Opininions

Have read some very positive reviews of these $14.5k units. Have not heard them in the flesh yet. Are they really competitive with speakers in the $25k-$30k range? Presently using Watt/Puppy 6's.
fbhifi
A $15K+ speaker...AND needs a sub..come on man!..."image not as wide deep as" hold on there, for $15K i expect Superior Aspects in every descriptive term,...Image Soundstage Transparency Depth "like-you're-there"feeling. Heck i expect this from $5K speakers.
Tweekerman, you've got your slamming all wrong on this one. If you are going to slam the Whipsers, you better start Slamming the full range Martin Logan CLS, and why not the twice as expensive top of the line Soundlabs for that matter. How about the similarly priced Magnepan 20.1's. All of these speakers do not have the ultra heft in the lower registers either (in fact NONE of them have the bass power of the Whisper. One of the reasons that I purchased the Whipsers is that they play dynamic music and rock BETTER than any of these other world class speakers).

I am VERY familiar with the Whisper as I've owned a pair for 5 years. Audiokinesis' review and hypothosis were DEAD ON on how these sound. The Whisper is the ONLY speaker in ther world of it's size that was designed to recreate the exact inverse of a cardoid microphone response. This allows the Whisper to be set up in ways that make other speakers sound like crap. They are much more forgiving of boundry placements than other speakers. The Whisper also has an excellent integration of all of it's drivers, where you don't need to be 10+ feet away from them to get the sound to integrate (try that with a big Dulavy or Pipedream).

Imaging is also top rate with the Whispers. Are there a couple of reference speakers that image better? Absolutely, but the Whispers still fall into the world class league and image great.

Every speaker has it positives and weaknesses. The Whisper is one of a few select super speakers that has lots of positives and very few weaknesses. Until the VMPS RM-40 was developed, the Whisper was my all time favorite speaker to do more things right that suited MY TASTES under the $15k mark. Now the bar has been reset with the latest VMPS offering. Would I take it over the Whispers, no. The Whipser is so easy to set up and get sounding good, and sounds much more like a Magnepan or Soundlab in the midrange. It's just that the price of the VMPS is soooo compelling, and it definately rocks. For those who don't have deep pockets, this is a best buy speaker that everyone should hear.
I found the Legacy Whisper lacking the refinement for a speaker in this price range. It was not focused and lacked the ability to make the music sound natural. I find them to be "over-done". More went into the quantity aspect than the quality. These speakers to me are bass mid and treble, never sounding seamless and as one.
IMHO
mike