Have you tried "doping" your speaker cones?

I recently "doped" my cones. I had read several discussions on it, on the Single Driver Website. It seems Damar varnish is the "dope" of choice. I couldn't find that brand so I used another. I thought it made a fantastic difference. The cones are much stiffer and there is better definition and smoother high end. Bass tightened up too. Had to make a slight adjustment in the "stuffing" in my transmission line tube to cut the bass back a little. They recommend two coats, so that's what I did. Anyone else tried it?
twl
I doubt that Herman.

Looked like a practical suggestion to me. I doubt that any member at Audiogon can say that they have never posted a fragment of incorrect data.

Unless of course they have never posted :~)
Herman, no need to apologize. You put forth what you thought was helpful information. Luckily, someone else caught it and was able to correct it. When we are too big to make mistakes or be corrected, THEN we need to start thinking about apologizing : )

Twl, sounds like you've just had an "audio revelation". It's great, isn't it ??? : )

You're finally hearing what a point source can do. Now if you could only get rid of the boxes and start doing some 360* radiation, you'd really see what width and depth was like. When things really start to cook, you'll take notice of image height too : ) Sean
>

PS... Sometimes I have to silently laugh when people ( primarily salespeople ) talk about the "depth" of the soundstage on a system. I think that you may start doing the same.
Sean, this is great fun. I am noticing large heighth improvements also. Sometimes, I think it might be too high. The drums are low, where they should be, and the instruments and voices are at middle height and about natural proportion and location, but sometimes tinkling bells and such seem to come from the ceiling. It's eerie, as my ceiling is vaulted to 16ft. Kind of a neat effect though.
No need to apologize, Herman. If I had a nickel for every bit of misinformation I passed along I could buy a set of speakers like Albert has....
I gotta think that if this is such a good idea, the speaker manufacturers would have already done it. Of course, what the heck do they know, they only do it for a living...