Best Matching Speakers

My system includes: McIntosh MC162(two channel main-amp), McIntosh C15 (pre-amp), and Sony ES multi-changer CD player. Room size is 20 X 20. Favorites are all kinds of music from classic to jazz. Budget is $3000.

1. What would be the best matching speakers?
2. If new speakers, what would they be?
3. If used speakers, what would they be?

I agree sound is personal. However, any information/advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
ddhpark
If you are willing to buy used speakers, then you can get a pair of Vandersteen 3A Signatures (MSRP: $3500) for around $2500 (give or take $200). If you want to buy new, and stay below $3000, then audition the Vandersteen 3A's (MSRP: $2800). Both are superb speakers that offer great value for the money, and they do a wonderful job with virtually all kinds of music. (I own Vandy 3A Sig's, and listen mainly to jazz, classical, blues, and folk.) If you buy the 3A's, they can be upgraded at a later time to the 3A Signature version (one of the few upgrades that is well worth the extra money). The Vandy's will love your McIntosh gear, and vice-versa.
I think the Vandys are a good recommendation. A couple I'd also consider would be Meadowlarks or ACI's new Talisman. The Talisman is brand new and you'd probably have to wait a while to get it. Another system of ACIs like a pair of Sapphire III LEs (1200) and a pair of Titan II LE subs (2200) is totally serious performance.