1K speaker advice?

I am looking to upgrade speakers from Dana Audio 1s to something full range with better resolution, with about $1K to spend. I have a NAD 100wpc power amp. I listen mostly to vocals, acoustic music, and blues - and to a lesser degree jazz, rock and classical. A local audio store has a used pair of Thiel C2 at $700. They sound great but I'm concerned about the age and how they will sound with my front end equipment. Am I better off buying something new - if so I welcome suggestions.
dalelogix
I was helping out a friend look for speakers in the 1k range. We audition everything from b&w, Thiels, definitive tech and the Paradigms. In my opinion, I find the Paridigm Monitor 9s to be a very good value. They retail new for less than $800 and are full range. If you listen mostly to Vocal, you owe it to yourself to listen to them. I've compared them to my Hales speakers and come very close in performance for half its price. The build quality is something I'm not a fan of but its a great bang for the buck. Other speakers that I can suggest are Canton from www.cantonusa.com. Let your ears be the judge.
Pick up a pair of Martin Logan Aerius speakers used, ideal for your needs. Jeff
Thanks for the suggestions. I've not heard the Aegis 3a or the Audiovector M1 super.
nht 2.5 i / can pick them up for 700-800$ used. full range and very musical. i have had them hooked to a hafler 9180 (similar to nad). placement is important. they sound even better with upgraded amplification.
www.audioc.com--the sapphire III le. Well-reviewed. Also see www.audioasylum.com and do a search or audioreviews.com.