How to buy from Audiogon?

Hi, I am going to make a first purchase of a speaker from a seller in audiogon. Is this base completely on trust that the seller will ship the speaker once he receives the money (money order)? Does any one has any problems with the purchse on the net? Thanks.
tom_audiomanac1c
I bought a $4000 pair of speakers from an Audiogon seller. I used the escrow service I-escrow. You send the money to I-escrow. I-escrow notifies the seller payment has been made. Seller ships merchandise to buyer. Buyer inspects merchandise and notifies I-escrow to make payment to seller. The fees are reasonable and worth it for major purchases. www.iescrow.com Good luck
Has anyone used paypal.com? That seems like a good way to go, and it allows purchasers to pay via credit card. Is there a downside to Paypal that I'm not aware of?
I too have used Iescrow and have been satisfied with the result of the transaction. The seller was also happy with the results . Iescrow is probably the safest way to make a transaction. Paypal is ok but it does not guarantee the quality of the item purchased. Also I believe the seller must be a verified user with paypal in order to have any fraud protection coverage. I am too paranoid to use C.O.D. Seems like there is no protection for the buyer.
Tom- iescrow is fast and easy as described above. If seller has limited feedback and/or if $ is high, that's probably the best way to go, COD is next. However, I have done about 15 transactions here in the last year (2 @ 900, rest less) and all have worked well. Also, seller should be willing to talk to you on phone, esp. if big $.
I couldn't be happier with all of the transactions that I have conducted on Audiogon.. I sold and bought about $15K worth of equipments all from audiogon & did not encountered one dishonested person...(thanks to the good hearts of audiophiles), I have used all methods (palpay, cod, check up front), and happy everytime. Yes, trust is a good thing sometimes.