Ok, some of you suggested Magnepan 1.6QR

But which to drive it properly? High current amps seem to be prefered than warm tube amps; true or false?
nachtmusik_sgb77f
Nachtmusik, I will try to answer your question...I need to think a bit first....so much of each system is based on a combination of components and cables..
Nachtmusik, I had used all of the above amps & integrateds with different source components and wires..for the most part., So this memory rating is far from a "blind A/B" test. Anyway, the ARC 100.2, Vac Avatar..and Cap-100...might fall in that order. I believe the CAP-100 rates a bit higher than it might in some systems, because it was being used with a CDP-1 and Wireworld Gold Eclipse III wire...and those likely had big impact on that system being a sweet as it was. I think the Magnum MD-208 might be as good with the Maggies...but I have used it with lesser wires..and cd players...
proceed HPA2 is an outstanding choice. Not to bright on top with that quasi ribbon and plenty of currentfor the bass and midrange. Also, not a big drop off in sound from the Levinson units.
Best amp I've used on my 1.6QR Maggies by a large margin: Music Reference RM200.