Opinions on Dunlavy?

ANT OPINIONS ON HOW DUNLAVY'S PERFORM [FROM SM-1'S UP TO SC3'S] FOR A 75 PERCENT HT/25 PERCENT MUSIC SOLID STATE ENVIRONMENT.
maxibob
Dunlavys' are superb speakers. I use SC3's in a two channel high-end audio system. Probably would sound great in a Home Theater setup as well - but as the previous post pointed out- if the source of the sound is a solid-state receiver that is typically of low-fi or mid-fi quality as offered by many of the HT manufacturers, then you will never hear the Dunlavys at their best. Maybe consider tube monoblocks for your music system?? - they will sound great with the Dunlavys!! I wouldn't want to compromise my audio system by connecting my big screen TV to it.
Dunlavy speakers are great, but alittle over priced IMHO. If you going the HT route why not use NHT's and save the extra $$ for a nice colection of DVD's. The NHT's will prob. sound better (read more forgiving) in the HT setup, and are fairly accurate fro two channel audio.
I don't know what the Phill and Hiwaves are talking about.Right cabling is more like it. I have SC-V driven by Classe CA-400 and sounds lifelike. And I have SC-II which I am using as surrounds. But I tried them with CA-400 and the sound up from 60 to 12k hz was practically unchanged except there is less of low end. Dunlavy's are IMHO are few of the greatest speakers around. And you have to pay premium for the very best. Using tube or solid state. You almost need Solid state with these speakers for them to com alive.
The V's sound great in my large 20X32 room with a 12' ceiling. I am using the Wolcott presence monoblocks. If the source material is bad it will sound bad. Very revealing system