Legacy Audio Stuff

Does anyone have any experience with Legacy Audio products? I'm curious because they are made in the city that I have recently moved to.
so6
The previous post was by someone that doesn't know how to position expensive speakers to get their best. I have a matched Legacy system complete with Focus(mains), SilverScreen(center), Studios(rears), Legacy(by CODA) 2 channel amp, Legacy(by CODA) 4 channel amp, and EAD Encore pre-amp/processor. Legacy also sells the EAD unit with their faceplate under the name NextStep. The Focus does not sound their best unless at least 3 feet away from the rear wall and side walls. If less than 3 feet from the rear wall, the bass does sound muddy. Because of the "wife factor" I purchased a Legacy equalizer(Steradian) to control the bass since my wife will not allow the Focus 3 feet from the rear wall. The Focus sound best in the midrange but also excellent in the highs and bass. Again, room placement must be experimented with. Build quality is excellent but I agree that I don't understand the plastic feet. I personally have mine sitting on rolling platforms that allow me to move them off the wall after my wife goes to sleep. While I would not probably spend $5600 for a pair of new Focus, I got a pair one year old for $3600. A steal at that price. Aned I've listened to plenty of speakers in that price range. If you live in Springfield, go take a listen. You might also try checking out the reviews from individuals on audioreview.com. Richard
I owned the Focus for a couple of years and I agree with GTS87 and Phill. They might be OK in home theater if you can buy them used for around $2000. A freind of mine just bought a pair for $2000 to replace his NHT 1.5's. I would go take a listen to them since your close but I would also listen to other things before you get to caught up in the hype at Legacy. There a lot of good speakers in this price range.
Contrary to popular belief, the build quality of Legacy speakers is not that good. My father has a pair that i've had to make repairs to before. While doing this, i've found several other problems with them. The internal wiring scheme is GOOFY at best. 12 gauge to some midranges while they use 16 gauge to one of the woofers ??? The quality of connections is a severe joke. Some of their "factory made crimps" literally fell of in my hand once they were loosened from the binding posts. The ports are not properly configured internally and cause turbulence / bumps in the air path, therefore affecting the tuning as volume levels change. This happens on all vented systems, but would be far more severe with something like this. One box had WAY more insulation in it than the other. Other than this, the highs are bright and strident, the bass is sloppy and uncontrolled while lacking pitch and definition. I think you get the idea. As with anything else in audio though, let YOUR ears be the judge. Sean >