NATURAL CHERRY VENEER

I left my new Nautilus 805's sitting in the bottom piece of the foam packing they were shipped in, and placed them on top of their boxes (free stands) while I went out of town for a week. When I came back, I took the speakers out of the foam bottoms and noticed a "tan line" where the speakers had been sitting down in the foam packing pieces. Here's the question, Does anyone know for sure, whether natural cherry continues to darken with time, forever, or if it reaches a certain point and then stops darkening alltogether, or slows dramatically??? My curtains were drawn, and very little light was able to enter the room. I believe that they will even out with time, but the Obsessive-Compulsive in me has decided to cover up the "tan" part and let the non tanned part acquire some sun. So.... Bring on the info!!!! Thanks.
gthirteen
Thanks chungjc, Intersting observation, it took me a couple of days to accept that the particular grain pattern of my speakers was "mine" and not defective because of its'"imperfections". I sure get picky these days, but I guess that is OK when spending 2-3k.
Yeh, bmp, imperfections -- quirks -- give the wood character. Just like quirks can give character to music-- but not music reproduction systems. -------- Mezmo, for a light scratch, the crayon thing should hide it well. Or rub in some oil-based pigment, like what comes in tubes for oil painting, or is lying at the bottom of a can of oil-based wood finish before you stir it up. You could rub in some matching penetrating oil-based finish with fine steel wool to smooth out the scratch a little, but if you're new at this test your technique and aptitude on a non-critical area first. If your ding is a dent, you can raise the surface of the dent by laying a damp facecloth over it and applying heat with an iron -- IF it's SOLID wood. If it's veneer, I'd be afraid of loosening the glue. Try on a dented scrap of wood first to decide if you want to proceed with the real goods.
Thanks for the scratch and dent fixit tips, all. Very helpful. I'm talking the veneer on some Thiels. I asked the folks down at Thiel what they thought, and figured to add their reply to the discussion as well, so here's the official line: "Natural cherry is tough to touch up. Depending upon the severity of the damage, you may be able to cover it up with a little lacquer. I can have some sent to you if you want to try. We recommend using Endust to care for the finish of the speakers. It is a cleaner that does not contain any silicones or waxes. We do not recommend polishes that contain silicones or wax as they will eventually dull the top coat." Thanks again.