Avantgarde Speakers

I would like to hear fellow member's comments on Avantgarde speakers. It sounds like they have a very accurate sound plus great dynamic range. Unfortunately, the Avantgarde home page does not have much information on the speaker's frequency response. The over all ranges are given, but, no measure of flatness is listed. Also, it looks like they are priced on the high side which may be partly due to the company trying to recuperate R&D costs. Any comments would be appreciated. ThanksX10**6!
7p62mm
Nothing anywhere close to the price of the Avantgardes will involve you with music like they do. The Uno is so flat there is no crossover. The subs have controls to adjust for your room. I replaced $38,000 speakers with Unos. Trios just came for the main system and the Unos are for TV which is MUCH more real sounding. You might want to call Jim Smith at Avantgarde, he's great to talk with. By all means have a listen even if you have to take a trip to the nearest dealer. Let me know if you have any questions. The speakers are also lots of fun because every visitor asks to hear them. Chuck
Thanks for the input Chuck. I will try to audition them. Unfortunately, their price is out of my range right now. If inflation and the price of gold picks up then this could change.
They are quite impressive - very efficient and dynamic. I auditioned the Duos - I have never heard anything like them, they give new meaning to the term Horn Speaker. Well worth a listen even if you can't afford them. I was pretty blown away, and I have done a lot of extensive listeneing at high-end stores (have friends that work at 2 of them, so I am always there). Actually, given their pricing, they seem pretty inline with value, compared to some stuff I have listened to (Wilson Watt/puppys for example). One place you can find the Avantgarde's in the north east is Fidelis - a new store in NH. www.fidelisav.com have fun, -Ed
one of the nicest sounds i've heard came from an oldeer pair of duo's, (w/their earlier *217* subs, not the latest-n-greatest 222's). still, a phenomenal sound, being driven by some home-brew 1.5wpc set tub amps. i've seen the older version duos adwertized for <$6k - stikk outta *my* league; i'm gonna try a pair of newform research nhb645's... doug