New Lowther Drivers.

I have ordered a pair of the new, improved Lowther DX3. The improvements consist of changing the suspension from a rolled-out type to a rolled-in type, putting a rolled edge on the whizzer cone to stiffen the edge and eliminate the midrange peak called "Lowther shout". They also offer a new phase plug that looks like a "light bulb with holes" that is controversial. Bullet style phase plug is still standard. They are sending me both types for evaluation.
I am currently building a set of Voigt Pipes enclosures, which I hope to get done before the drivers arrive. I am following the plans from the Lowther Club of Norway website.
I'm very excited about this, because I could use some extra efficiency in my speakers. If anyone has built these Lowther Voigt Pipes before and can offer some advice, it would be appreciated. It is not really hard, but sometimes a simple tip can make the difference. BTW, Doug(Grandpad), you really helped me to make up my mind on buying these drivers in the last thread I put up on this topic. As always, I will give reports on results, just in case anyone is interested. Comments?
twl
I assume that you have already done so--but just in case you haven't--check the "single driver" website, and also the "high efficiency" section at audioasylum. The asylum also has a DIY section. Best of luck.
Also check out the posts at the BD-DesignWWWboard. Thats the site of Burt, the designer of the Oris Horns. They talk about all designs Lowther and high efficency. I'd do a post there. Those guys are very helpful.
Marklivia, I've been there and it's a great site. They have a kit for a folded Voigt Pipe that uses Lowthers, but I wanted to go with a straight one to avoid the individual cavity resonances that happen with a folded one. Thanks.
Twl, I'd be very interested to hear about your experiences with these Voight pipes, since this is a project I'm also considering in the long run (being very satisfied with my current system, I want to keep myself busy with building a SET amp and if that turns out ok, I'd like to have some high efficiency speakers to go with it). However, I read a few contradictory things about that particular pipe design, most people claiming they're fantastic but I also recall a posting somewhere stating they are mid-fi at best. So it'would really help getting an evaluation from a seasoned audiophile.