A good CD player for about $ 1,500 used?

Hi:

I am putting together a second system in my bedroom and I am looking for a decent, used, CD player. My budget for the CD player is around $ 1,500. I listen to jazz music (mostly small combos/hard bop). The CD player in my main system is an Electrocompaniet ECM 1. Thank you for your help. Pablo.
Ag insider logo xs@2xpablovila
An Audio Aero Prima can be had for about $1500 used. I listened to Linn Genki, Unison Unico CDP, Rega Planet; the Prima was much nicer than either of these. So far I have not heard a CDP that presents a piano with so much realism. There is a lot of information in the Agon archives about the Prima.

Good luck with your search.

Rene
If your looking for a great sounding CD player that seems to compete nicely aginst CD players in the $3500.00 to $4000.00 dollar range , i would recommend trying the Kavent CD-931 or the Kavent CD-831... the CD-831 has tubes and is a little warmer sounding and the CD -931 is a little more dynamic...The can be had for $899.00 for CD-931 and $999.00 for CD-831 brand new... They may even give a discount , but i can't promise... The Audio Aero Prima used is also a good choice...
www.kellsieavdesign.com - web site for Kavent
Thanks,
Dave
The Quad 99 CDP is a great CD player at $1500 MSRP list price. It is even a much better value at the $800-900 used price. It becomes an incredible value if you can use the internal variable volume control and connect it directly to a power amp, therefore eliminating the cost of a pre-amp.

The Quad 99 CDP was noticable more transparent in CD direct mode than my buddy's $4000 tube pre-amp and Meridian 508.24.

For about $850, the Quad is an excellent value in a used CD player.

Enjoy,

TIC
I third the Meridian 508.24. I've had mine for over 5 years and have no desire to upgrade.
I've had mine for over 5 years and have no desire to upgrade.
Rosstaman, you're giving us audiophiles with upgrade-itis a bad name. Now scoot yerself over to that classifieds page and buy sumptin, will ya?