Please Help with DAC...

I have a Samsung hd841 el'cheapo cdp if I add a DAC to it will I improove the sound or not, I thought a 200.00 used DAC may help a 150.00 player sound better but I wonder about technology in Samsung VS what will most likely be a slightly to moderately aged DAC, can you guys please tell me what specs I need to focus on such as BITS and such, or if entertaining the thought of a DAC is even worth it? I need to put this DAC thing to bed once and for all, please help!
chadnliz
Chadnliz, The Dakiom tweak is excellent when used in modest cost CD playback systems, which is how I use them. Others have used in very high end applications, too. There are many favorable comments on the website from Audiogon members, myself included.
Dakiom promotes a much more realistic, non-fatiguing sound, and allows a musical, three dimensional, quality to replace the less engaging sound in my unpretentious systems.
Also, as mentioned above, Ric Schultz at EVS is a great designer-modifier, but his truly amazing results will cost more. His older Millennium DAC's are still classics.
Don't forget to use a good quality digital interconnect if you go the MSB Link DAC upgrade route.
If you get the DAC, look for a 75 ohm design. HDVX or AZ Silver Photon should cost no more than $75 or so used. There are other 75 ohm cables available for that or less new as well.

KP