Wadia 861 vs. 861 SE

I have a Wadia 861 and I would like to know if there is a significant improvement with the 861 SE? I would like a comparison of 861 vs. 861SE and not include GNSC mods at this point.

Thanks,
Rich
sfstereo
I have a friend who had a 16i updated to the se platform and loved the difference it made to the bass and imaging. He said that everything was more fleshed out and real,also the dynamics were improved across the board. The se is truly a worthy upgrade and I tried to retrofit a se into my Wadia 8, but Gnsc said that it wasn't possible to do. I also have a friend who has a Wadia 2000s that is also great sounding (use the first version of the se platter).If I had your 861, it would be a no brainer. Hope this helps-Dennis
Agree with Cenline. I had Wadia upgrade my non-GNSC 860 to 861se about 1.5 years ago. Well worth the upgrade.
I am in the same boat. I have a Wadia 861 on order for my second system.... and am looking forward to receiving it in a month or two.

Given that I always want to go for the top model, I am already thinking of either the upgrade to SE or an upgrade by a company called great northern sound.

http://www.greatnorthernsound.com/

I appreciate any advice on this as well.

Have a good week-end.
Mehran