Are "Redbook Only " CD players Obsolete?

With the advent of Universal Players ;ones that play DVD..CD..SACD..and DVD-A; Are standard "cd only" players OBSOLETE.......The "NEW BREED", like the MARANTZ DV 9500 can play ALL these formats and do it Better than most of the cd only and dvd-cd players at ANY PRICE...and all for under $2000.....why would anyone want to limit themselves......SACD and DVD-A are awsome for us audiophiles..and how much better can the "video" get?...Combine this State of The Art technology with the Fact that the Redbook CD playback is totally natural sounding..very analog like....and better than CD only players I've heard costing much more.... IS This is a NO-BRAINER........
dennish
Are all of you refering to hybrid discs? I disagree that they are going away. I see more releases than ever. I do believe that it will continue to exist if only on a small scale from small producers. More and more players going the universal route.

Chuck
JOnd, I had never heard of your CD player before. It seems like an awesome unit. The Chord DAC64 with tube output. WOW!

Prpixel, spoken like a true man. P-whipped, that is. heheh. :•)

Newbee, sounds like all you did with that nekid lady is what Wyatt and Gary did. Play chess. At least you stayed. I lost my nerve and ran out the door. I heard mom calling for dinner.

Yes, Dennnish do send all your unwanted redbook CDs to Marco. He has all my old 8-tracks, cassettes, and vibrating rubber duckys.

Beware to all future forum trolls. Ellery Queen the Audiogon Detective is on the job.
Tough crowd??!!! Come on Danlib1! I expected YOU to do a flying reverse double axel on top of the dog pile, heheh. Cambodian style.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkayyyyyyy I am getting out of this discussion. How do you spell AUDIONERVOUSA