Are "Redbook Only " CD players Obsolete?

With the advent of Universal Players ;ones that play DVD..CD..SACD..and DVD-A; Are standard "cd only" players OBSOLETE.......The "NEW BREED", like the MARANTZ DV 9500 can play ALL these formats and do it Better than most of the cd only and dvd-cd players at ANY PRICE...and all for under $2000.....why would anyone want to limit themselves......SACD and DVD-A are awsome for us audiophiles..and how much better can the "video" get?...Combine this State of The Art technology with the Fact that the Redbook CD playback is totally natural sounding..very analog like....and better than CD only players I've heard costing much more.... IS This is a NO-BRAINER........
dennish
Even my wife can hear the difference between my universal player and my stand alone redbook player. That's why she let me buy it.

BTW - Her permission is not required but appreciated.
Dennish's observations remind me of mine when I was a horny 17 year old and had my first naked lady - what wasn't real was made up for by my imagination. :-)
Dennish, do some research and read about all the wonderful and popular "redbook" players out there, such as the Ayre Cx-7e, Meridian G-08, Resolution Audio Opus 21, to name a few.

With these fantastic machines there is no need to move to the expensive, unpopular formats, particularly since "Redbook" has dominted for 20 years and many of us have thousands of CD's.
Listen to redbook through any player that Modwright installs their Absolute Truth mods (tubed output stage)and compare it to a SACD disc played through the same unit. I doubt that you will be able to tell the difference. SACD and DVD-a are dead as formats. If you don't believe me go to www.audiorevolution and read the most recent article regarding format wars.