Help choose phono stage

I have a modest family room system that consists of components that I believe punch above their weight class. The system is 100% vinyl and includes: a technics SP-25 turntable with ATP-12t tonearm, and I switch between Denon DL103 and DL102 (for mono and some of the older lps in my collection that are not in mint condition) cartridges. I have a Jasmine 2.0 phono stage feeding a Eastern Electric MiniMax preamp and sweet special edition 807 amp that was recently built by Dennis Had. Speakers are open baffle design based on Tang Band w8-1808. The system sounds great, gets played on a daily basis, and is enjoyed by family and friends. Well the audiophile in me just can't leave it alone, especially since I listen to it every day.. Between the MiniMax preamp and Jasmine phono stage I have way too much gain. Volume never makes it past 8-9:00 max in a fairly large room. I am thinking of trying a new phono stage; and am looking for some suggestions around $1000 new or used. I was thinking maybe the new Jasmine 3.0 as it has more flexible gain settings; or one of the Monolithic offerings; or Heed Quasar (tough to find used); or maybe a Musical Surroundings Nova (battery operated/ low noise/ interesting).. I prefer phono stages that do not have those dinky wall wart power supplies... from a build quality perspective the Jasmine is hard to beat, and I wouldn't want anything that is not built as well... I listen primarily to Jazz and some classical music.. So I am looking for some advice. I am a tube guy, but have left them out of my phono stage primarily due to the lack of quality options in my price range. I am also open to replacing both phono stage and preamp, with a preamp that has a built in phono stage. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Greg
gotog
Call Keith Herron at Herron Audio to see if he has any used VTPH-1 units. He seems very good about taking trades. He just might be able to give you a great deal on a spectacular phono stage.
Keep the Jasmine if you can. I think it is a great phono preamp for the price. There is an upgrade / tweak path and, to my ears, it beat out the Vincent Pho-8 (two boxer like the Jasmine) and the Pro-ject Phono Tube box with upgraded tubes.
Sbrownnw, It is a good phono stage for the money. But, IMO, the Herron is a great phono stage without regard to cost and easily betters those units you mention. The $1,000 budget could address several areas of upgrade. But IMO, the largest improvement would be upgrading the phono stage.