JD100 - can I do better under $2K

Using RCA 5751 NOS in the Jolida. While the sound is excellent, I wonder if I could get a *little* more detail/resolution out of a different player. Of course, detail can be not such a good thing, so the cdp has to get the other things right too. I would like to come closer to the analog sound, which the JD IMO is pretty good at (but I also believe only analog sounds like analog, still, the goal is to approach it).

Used ok if a reliable brand/model.
kck
Readster - LOL. Nice when someone can just walk away. As noted, I have the RCA NOS 5751 (trip plate), but may be interested in seeing what another tube does. The RCA is really very good, but I am just curious. What have you tried (reasonable $ please) that sounded good?

I see some support for the Prima, but note that it is the result of repeat postings by the same 3 or 4 guys. According to some, it is x% (pick a high number) of the Capitole for 1/4 the price. Isn't hi end audio all about that diminishing returns curve anyway, where that 5% improvement may cost you 100% more money?

All this is subjective anyway, and I certainly don't want to start an argument. What floats your boat may not float mine. When I cannot hear somehting in my system without buying it first, then I have to look for some kind of consensus on these boards.

But would like to hear from others, if you are out there, about how the Prima compares to, say, a $3K player like the Ayre, or other price points such as those represented by Cary 200, etc.
Can the above responders include the North Star 192 DAC/transport in their evaluations? (It's close to $2K used)