Comparing Bel Canto DAC2 and Birdland Odeon AG

I have read fabulous reviews of both units but have not seen a head to head comparison. Has anyone had a chance to hear both, and if so would you be so kind as to share your impressions. I noted that the Odeon output section comes with a remote and can be used amp direct, which is a great feature but am mostly wondering about how you would compare the sound.

Thanks in advance.
ckorody
Have not heard the Odeon AG, but the Odeon Lite and the Bel Canto DAC2. I like the Birdland better in stock form. It helps if you bypass the volume control in the Birdland. The analog section of the Birdland is encapsulated so it cannot be modded and as a result is a little soft on top.
Hello,
I believe Audioengr is talking about a modification to the DAC to bypass the volume control. Correct?
I haven't heard the Bel Canto DAC-2 (heard the DAC-1). You couldn't compare the DAC-1 to the Birdland. But back to the volume control... for my money the ONLY way to use the Odeon-Ag is with the volume control, connected direct to the amp.
"I believe Audioengr is talking about a modification to the DAC to bypass the volume control. Correct?"

Yes, I have done this before. Makes a BIG improvement if you bypass the volume control.