Best power/digital cords for C E C transports.

I Have an Electrocompaniet ECD-1 dac & recently purchased a used CEC TL-2x transport. I have a balanced MIT reference digital interconnect & am using a BMI EEL powercord.I also have the TL-2x well isolated,not a concern.

These cords sound great with my Cal Delta transport & ECD-1 combined,not with the TL-2x & ECD-1 combined.These cords also sounded great with my Cal Delta transport & Alpha dac.

Could it be the TL-2x does not have the proper synergy with my dac? Could the TL-2x need calibration?I would think the TL-2x should outperform my Delta. What cord combos are you using to get the best sound out of your digital separates? Might the digital rca connection sound better in this case?

I am not looking to spend for the very expensive cords unless great deals on used.I am also not into doing any mods on a unit that retailed for $3300.Thanks.
lihifiguy
I can assure you that a Flavor 4 w/ Gold Wattgates plus installing the Furutech Rhodium plated IEC will surpass your expectations.

You can use the Flavor 4 if you make sure that the cord is not positioned in a way that will transfer vibrations to the transport. A few strips of mortite clay around at and near the power cord's IEC should help. The TL-2's chassis is so massive there should not be a problem.
Psychicanimal,

What mods did you get from Modwright and how much did they cost total? I have a Parasound Belt Drive as well and have been annoyed by it's lack of PRAT. It's like a beat behind on rock recordings with fast bass lines. Did the mods improve this?

Michael
You might want to check the AC polarity on the CEC and Parasound transports as did a few mods on these units a few years ago and found they had hooked up line to neutral and vise versa.......This easy to measure and fix and is likely the problem with PRAT....
Uncle Bob is here! So, it could be a case of reversed polarity...Danny Boy didn't mention anything on my unit.

Crespo, the mod is more than a level 1 but less than a level 2, depending on what options you want. I had the Furutech IEC installed, plus the door position switch (you should do that before it fails), the belt replaced and one of the new slipstream Bybees in the digital out, along with better signal wire and a Cardas RCA out (Dan's idea). Is it worth it? YES!

Parasound is good with parts. Two belts and the switch was somethig like $18.
Hey Psychic,

I went to the Modwright website and didn't see any pricing for Parasound/CEC transport mods. What would a level 1/2/3 pricing be for the CEC?

Michael