Rotel 1072: Deserving of product of the year?

Has anyone listened to a current production sample of this cd player? I was intrigued by Allan Taffel's review in The Absolute Sound.
128x128barry309
I thought that the silver looked pretty good, but I wonder why you say to "get the black"?
If you can look at both try to.If not,see if they have another Rotel~dvd or such player in black on display. Pictures of Silver finish caught my eye at first,in person I felt, black was nicer.
while it's not the best CDP i've heard, i felt it had a decent amount of punch and dynamic and was very accurate for its price point. no audio flaws to speak of, clbeanz's nit-picks are pretty accurate (i actually like the small remote).
I was wondering if anyone has replaced the power cord and if it makes a major difference? I have the 1072 and like it very much. I haven't auditioned it against other players. I had a dealer bring it to my house and use an extension cord and it sounded horrible at first until I plugged it into the wall.
I like to run my gear electrically stock for a time.Just to make sure all is well.But I will fashion me a 13 gauge zero crystal copper varistrand/teflon dielectric power cord.It has improved my other gear in dynamics.Check back time to time I'll post a result here.Maybe that last 3-6 feet of power cable before CDP acts like a small buffer? Not sure but the few power cable upgrades I have auditioned, yeilded sonic benefits.