Rotel 1072: Deserving of product of the year?

Has anyone listened to a current production sample of this cd player? I was intrigued by Allan Taffel's review in The Absolute Sound.
128x128barry309
I own one and have to agree that it is pretty awesome. I'm tempted to upgrade, but think that for the money, it is very hard to beat. I put it up against my friend's Electro EMC1 UP. His comment after we compared the two was "it does everything right". The elctro was better, but it should be at five times the cost.
I bought one for my 2nd system based on the TAS review. I don't think the review misrepresented the unit at all-- it is great at that price.It is so easy to listen to though not as punchy as my Cary 308. Still, it has a certain something that is hard to put into words,I just keep listening to it hour after hour.Maybe it's that super low distortion level.
those 2 seperate views played on me while I was buying it,waiting for it to arrive at dealer(12 days)and through roughly 3 weeks of various playback.Now I am in the TAS camp on this player.Musical CDP.Get the Black.Player of the year?
Clbeanz, I too am interested in this player after reading the TAS review. I thought that the silver looked pretty good, but I wonder why you say to "get the black"? Any other comments?