Is the BMC PureDAC a great dac?

I have heard it several times at shows, but never being used just as a dac, but I have had several friends tell me as a dac it is outstanding. Is there anyone here who has heard it just used as a dac?
tbg
I'm sincerely curious to know what parts in that DAC need 800 hours for full break in. It seems somewhat excessive.
I've heard components improve with continued use, but 800 hours? Honestly?
Actually at 900 hours there is more improvement. Fluidity, smoothness in the upper registers, coherency. I went through the same burn in road with there MCCI phono stage. Due to the revealing nature of this circuit topology burn in has been more crucial.
now don't forget it has to burned in for exactly 800hrs. So do set your clock. Because anything less, and u might go back to a walkmen.
Schipo, if you knew Himiguel, you would not mock him. I had no interest in the BMC PureDAC as I thought it was really only of use to those using headphones, which I cannot stand.

I once had Lowther full range driver speakers. I was told that Lowthers can take six years to sound their best! I sod them before I got to that point.
Schipo, if you knew Himiguel, you would not mock him. I had no interest in the BMC PureDAC as I thought it was really only of use to those using headphones, which I cannot stand.

I once had Lowther full range driver speakers. I was told that Lowthers can take six years to sound their best! I sold them before I got to that point.

I have also noticed that the four levels of High Fidelity cables take longer and longer to breakin. The best take at least a month to reach their best.