EMM Labs DAC6

Is anyone aware of any digital equipment that can compete with EMM Labs? What about Redbook?
haydn_josef
Gary, I don't know either, but I had mine for three weeks when the Phillips went down. I suspect we probably need a thousand hours.
Fiddler, I had an AN DAC4.1x Sig. with the new interface transformers. I also had the Zanden 3000 MkII and the Lindemann D680 which I used as a transport. Several friends and I thought it was difficult to choose between the dacs, probably because the philosophies are so alike. Then we used the Lindemann for cds. It was every bit as good as the two dacs. I have since gotten the DAC6 and have enough time break in to learn that its conversion of PCM into DSD makes cds sound better than what we heard on the Lindemann, AN, or Zanden.

Sacds are better yet on the Meitner, but I remain unconvinced as to whether it is better than the Lindemann. I should be able to make this judgment once I get my Phillips back and put some more break in on the Meitner.
Tbg.... your transport is covered under warranty isn't it?. I have had my transport for about six weeks it has been flawless so far.