Move from Analog to a Digital System

Up until recently my system consisted of : Krell 350 MCX’s; KCT; Accuphase T109V; DP77 and B&W 802D’s. Following a move to a smaller home and selling all but my Accuphase: cables and IC’s, I purchased a pair of M22’s in prep. For downsize. I am thinking about going Digital. Can anyone help me learn the basics?

Sony just released a new line. high-resolution hardware

HAP-Z1ES music server

TA-A1ES integrated amp

SS-AH3 HES Speaker

I believe I get the Music Server, then the Int. Amp., and then the Speakers. Sony Server has radio built-in ( do they all), what about a conversion from digital to analog how does that fit in?
I realize there is much to learn. All I am working with at this time is windows 7 laptop; Android G3 phone+ wireless router.
This thread of mine carries little direction regarding inquries made. This is due to the lack of knowledge on the subject. Address only relevent questions. Thank You
fjreejr
The Sony server is quite excellent for the money, however I would look elsewhere for the amps/preamp and speakers.

If you want a stellar sounding system that is simple to use and not stupid-expensive, I would go with the Sony server, a good tube preamp or passive transformer linestage (called TVC) and good amps, preferably monoblocks. A wonderful sounding amp and a great value is the Wells Audio (wellsaudio.com). A good preamp is the Jeff Rowland or a used Acoustic Research tube. A good passive linestage is the Music First.

Speakers are a no-Brainer. Vapor Audio (vaporsound.com) are simply the best sounding and the best value.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
Thank You Lewin. Now that is going to take me some time to digest the wealth of information letalone be able to put it into practice, Wow. Increditable FJ
Hey FJ.

Not sure what "increditable" means, but I'll take it as a good thing :-)

Don't complicate things upfront. You run the risk of analysis paralysis. Start easy with your laptop and a DAC, then go from there if you find it appealing. There are so many approaches (system strategies), options for each component(software, operating system, DAC, etc), and parts within the components that it's very easy to end up going nowhere. It is indeed a technology under development and as such the best path is not clear at all. But that shouldn't prevent you from trying it and see what's all the talk about.

I tried some things, and others haven't yet. But it's good learning. I couldn't be happier about sound, but it is still quite quirky for a non computer whiz like me.
Thank You Lew. Your advice is one that I will follow. In deed, during my search into the the world of digital, I will maintain my downsized anolog system. Now let me see if I am able to put into effect the guidance you have provided.