Sam loves the McIntosh MCD205. Do You?

Have you heard this changer? Does it have level files like the Sony changers do?
pjohnston1
I had the MCD205 in my system for about a month. I let it burn in and then used it extensively. I wanted to really like it because I appreciate the convenience of changers and I have a Mcintosh integrated amp. Although the changing mechanism seems robust, I did not like the fact that you had to stop playing all CDs to change only one CD. I came to the conclusion that the sound of my rega Jupiter was smoother; the mcintosh player sounded edgy. I then upgraded to an Electrocompaniet EMC-1 and that has been great! There is someon else on this board who has a MCD205 connected to an Electrocompaniet DAC and loves that combination. However, there are others who love their MCD205s.

Sam's article was informative, but he does not go into detail about sound of the MCD205; he only speaks in general terms. I like his style of writing and reviewing (I appreciated his comments on the autoformers in the Mcintosh MA6900), but the downside is that you don't the thoroughness of a detailed review.

I think the MCD205 is a fine product, certainly better than any other changer, but it can be improved by adding an external DAC. I settled with an excellent single-disc player and kept my old Technics carousel CD changer for dinner parties, etc.
In the early produced 205's a static pop could be heard when using the digital output to a stand alone DAC. Mac has sinced fixed the problem on current production and I am told they will fix older models if sent in. You can get verification from member Goodsie in another forum thread about this changer problem.
You may want to try the McIntosh DVD player which is about $2,700. I did not do A/B with their CDP but it sounded pretty good. Dealer called it a sleeper.