My latest upgrade

I have an old Denon CD player that is really showing its weakness now that I've gone through the process of upgrading my other components. I need some ideas on what would go well with this setup. I'd like to spend between $500 and $1,000. The closer to $500 the better. Any ideas?

Here's my setup.

Manley Stingray
Audio Magic Interconnects
AP Oval 9's
Harbeth Compact 7's.

Thanks!

Steve
smccull
Rega Planet - we are a lot like the store Basement goes into. We have several other CD players in the same price range as the Planet but the Planet seems to outsell the others quite substantially and ends up in most of the demo systems we put together for the listening rooms. I think it's a serious bargain.
Add some ACME Audio cryo treated power outlets to my last recommendation for even better results and still stay under a $1,000. The NAD has a coaxial output for use with a stand alone DAC down the road.
I'm about to try an NAD C541i in a friend's entry-level ARC Integrated and Spendor SP3/1P system ($3k total). Hope it's successful. Several dealers have suggested that this $400 street price CDP is the clear winner under $1k. We'll see.
Ern
If you spend less than 50% of what the Manley cost you your not getting the sound the Manleys can deliver. Garbage in garbage out.
Sorry people but a NAD 514 is like buying a porchse and putting a Volks engine in it.