Best CD sound from a DVD player

Hello, due to a lack of shelf space, I am interested in consolidating my system with a CD/DVD player. Ideally, the unit should have progressive scan, although an outboard device is an option. I'd like the unit to play CDRs with SACD being a bonus. I looked at the Marantz SA-12S1 SACD/CD/DVD player and wondered if it was as good as the SA-1? Has anyone made this comparison? Has anyone found a great sounding DVD player for cds?
ethannnn
I would have to concur - the MVP851 is a superb CD player and DVD player as well. It has dual discrete pickups, separate DACs for Redbook CD, and DVD, and it also plays DVD-Audio discs including multi-channel titles. For $3500 it's really hard to argue with.
Goldmund was also supposed to release a multiformat player in late august. This has been a little bit postponed, and the new release date would be in November this year.

what I don't know is : will this multiformat player include 24/192 chips for dvd-audio ? will it also include a pure DSD chip (that means no conversion DSD > PCM) ? how will be the quality of video ?

according to what i've seen with their current cd-dvd player (the easy dvd), the CD quality is outstanding, warm, powerful, precise and natural (but you have to use an externel DAC, the easy dvd is only a drive). The video quality is processed using a Silicon Image chip, workin at 14bits/108mHz and is also outstanding. It contains three power supplies and eight regulations (I don't know if this is the exact term), meaning that they have one power supply per type of data processing, etc, etc....

its price in France is about 3.500 euros (but you have to add an external DAC), and the new multiformat player should be around 4.000 euros. This gives to this machine a lot of arguments to be a killer, especially knowing the reputation of Goldmund.
Hackmaster, I'm sure it was just an over sight, but I think it would be appropriate to mention again that you are a Mac dealer.
I'm surprised no mentioned the Arcam. I haven't heard it, but it did get some good press. Any opinions?