Need advice on speaker cables

I'm currently in the market for speaker cables, new or used, and 8 - 10ft length. I can probably budget $1500 - $2000 for the pair. My set up includes a Cary V12i amp that powers a pair of Spendor 1/2e speakers. I have had good luck with Nordost interconnects and would consider them for the speakers as well, but would like to get some other opinions before making a decision. Any advice is appreciated.
clio09
Loonytunz,

I have read about the use of the Zobel network with certain amps to avoid having them oscillate. Is this correct? I assume the network is an external application. Can you elaborate a little more on what types of amps would require this network and why? I also seem to recall reading that this applies mainly to ss amps. Since I run a tube amp will this still affect me? I'm a little confused on this piece of the puzzle regarding Goertz and may actually steer me away from these cables if it becomes too complicated. I'm looking for an easy plug and play solution, which is why the Nordost SPMs, price aside, are still attractive to me.
Rather than reinvent the wheel, I'll point you to your answer: "A friend told me that this cable can cause amplifier instability; is this true?".

The Zobel AlphaCore supplies is a simple heat-shrunk RC network just a bit longer than the span between your binding posts. (Look here for Merlin's 'how to' diagram to get an idea of what we're talking about.}

You can attach them easily with your choice of methods:

stick the leads through the holes in your binding posts(if your cables are terminated with bananas.)

attach them directly to the spades with a dab of solder.

solder/crimp on a pair of bananas and plug them in.

if you're adventurous, you could build your own tweaky network using better quality caps and non-inductive wire wound resistors, open up your cabinets and install them directly at the inputs of your crossover board.

Don't let this simple procedure scare you off. It isn't brain surgery by any means. Anyone can do it.
Loonytunz,

Thanks for your help. I did see that discussion on the AC site, as well as the RCs. I did not know that the RCs were in fact the network, this clarifies it. It is rather simple, although the Merlin set-up looks pretty cool. I take it there is no sound degradation with the use of the RCs, even though they may use lesser quality capacitors.

As a note, I am going to email you about another question I have regarding the Goertz's so as not to go off the subject here on this thread.
I decided to purchase the Alpha Core Python Hybrid bi-wire and MI-2 Veracity. Right now the Veracity is in and it sounds pretty good out of the box. I'm interested to see how it sounds after a couple of days. Interesting that the RC Zobel Network is now integrated with the cable. You don't have to hook it up to the top binding post separate from the cable. Plug n Play.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.