Need advice on speaker cables

I'm currently in the market for speaker cables, new or used, and 8 - 10ft length. I can probably budget $1500 - $2000 for the pair. My set up includes a Cary V12i amp that powers a pair of Spendor 1/2e speakers. I have had good luck with Nordost interconnects and would consider them for the speakers as well, but would like to get some other opinions before making a decision. Any advice is appreciated.
clio09
Danlib1,

It's the first two items on your checklist that worry me. I realize its not a big thing to accomplish, but I have cats and they would have a field day hurdling the set up (I live in an open room loft, lots of space but little separation). I'm sure there is a work around but I just need to think it through a bit more. The price or the looks aren't important. I'm looking for a open and very musical sound to compliment my gear.
Rooze,

I don't find my V12i dark sounding, but perhaps it's becasue of the associated equipment I run it with:

Cary SLP-98L
Alesis ML9600 (TRL modded)
Audio Mirror D1 DAC
SOTA Nova Series V
Cary PH-301
PS Audio P300

In any event I find the V12i to be a nice amp and I will check into your suggestion. Thanks
I should have mentioned, in case you aren't already aware, that the Goertz cables are likely to require a Zobel network(if not, install them anyway; they won't hurt anything.) They are included with the cables, but be sure to ask for them specifically.
Loonytunz,

I have read about the use of the Zobel network with certain amps to avoid having them oscillate. Is this correct? I assume the network is an external application. Can you elaborate a little more on what types of amps would require this network and why? I also seem to recall reading that this applies mainly to ss amps. Since I run a tube amp will this still affect me? I'm a little confused on this piece of the puzzle regarding Goertz and may actually steer me away from these cables if it becomes too complicated. I'm looking for an easy plug and play solution, which is why the Nordost SPMs, price aside, are still attractive to me.