Need advice on speaker cables

I'm currently in the market for speaker cables, new or used, and 8 - 10ft length. I can probably budget $1500 - $2000 for the pair. My set up includes a Cary V12i amp that powers a pair of Spendor 1/2e speakers. I have had good luck with Nordost interconnects and would consider them for the speakers as well, but would like to get some other opinions before making a decision. Any advice is appreciated.
clio09
Take some Nordost flat cable, fold it in half, cut the price by 80% and there you have...Goertz MI2. Best kept secret in audio.
I went from Blue Heaven to SPM and never looked back...very satisfied...I would stay with Nordost if you have the IC's and are happy.
Thanks for the responses. Nordost SPM was under consideration even before I started this thread. I am using an older pair of XLOs now circa 1996. I don't know the model, but the cables are thick and are of the green/lavender variety (the shrinkwrap around the terminated ends is solid green or lavender, while both jackets around the wire are green with one having a lavender stripe on it).

I'll be looking into the Goertz and Acoustic Zen as well as Paul Speltz which seems to have gotten a lot of attention on the forum.
Clio09;

Your comment about Paul Speltz cables is on the money. You may be able to trim your budget by about 95% and get the sound you want.

No kidding. These ugly bastards sound awesome!
Danlib1,

I'm looking very closely at the Anti Cables. Heck, with the money back guarantee I'd be an idiot not to see if they would work in my system. I pretty much know what I'll get with Nordost SPMs and I can easily live with them. However, if I can save some dollars in the process with the Anti Cables or Goertz's then I"ll be able to buy more stuff I don't need later on :) In any event I have read some posts concerning proper positioning of the Speltz cables. Can you comment on this. They seem to be very sensitive to positioning and not very flexible due to their solid copper design. The Goertz's seem to be lower maintenance. I also like the flat design ala Nordost.