Goertz Bi-wire or something else

I currently have a long run of Goertz MI-2 cables (20+ feet). I recently moved my system, which requires a much shorter length. I was thinking of sending the cables back to AlphaCore to be cut into shorter lengths and biwiring the MI-2's as a double run. Plus I'd have enough cable left over to terminate and sell a pair.

Should I expect much sonic improvement. This seemed like the most cost effective way to go. Alternatively I could get a new cable and sell the MI-2's in their original length. My dealer recommended the PNF Symphony Biwires.

Any suggestions?
hchilcoat
Hi, Bigtee:

Yes, I've still got my Vandy 3A Sig's, which are bi-wired with Alpha-Core Goertz MI-2 cables and driven by a Bryston 4B-ST amp. The MI-2 cables are terminated with 5/16" silver spades at the amp end, and the standard 1/4" silver spades at the speaker end. (The Bryston amp's binding posts require the larger spade.) I strongly advise anyone that is buying Goertz cables directly from Alpha-Core to spend the extra few dollars for the silver spades -- they are (as Sean notes above) much superior to their other connectors.

Based on several threads that Sean posted last year, I made a pair of Zobel networks from parts ordered from Parts Express. I'm not sure that the Bryston amp is one that has a problem interfacing with the Goertz cables, but installing the Zobel network seemed like a good precaution. If you are interested in the values for the capacitor and resistor for the Zobel network, I'll be glad to send the info to you.

Best regards,

Scott C-
Sean, I hate to go off on a tangent, but you raised some good points about long cable runs for speakers. Is there any general consensus (assume a well behaved SS system) for using long IC runs versus long speaker cable runs? Assume RCAs for the IC. When I say long it's on the same order of 20-30 feet.
Thanks Scott. If you get a chance, pop me an e-mail with what you are doing. I know Sean likes these cables so there must be a "Sound" reason.
From your post, am I correct in assuming Alpha Core has 2 sizes of the silver spades?
I sure like the price, that's for sure!
Thanks for your feedback! I think I'll stick with the Goertz and do the bi-wire, plus I should have enough left to make an 8 foot spare pair for sale. I have the silver spades and they are quite nice. I'll be certain to get them on the rest of the terminations. I'm hoping to get a little more bass extension and low midrange with the biwire/shorter set up. It would be nice to terminate them myself and not have to send them back, but I guess I can live with my old cables for a few days if I do send them back to AlphaCore.

There is no doubt that the MI-2's are a great way to go for the money.