Xindak cables: how good are they?

An aquaintance has been saying how good the Xindak speaker cables and interconnects are(as well as the power cords. He says that they are giant killers and better than many far more expensive cables. I read the review in Stereotimes. I am more interested in the Gold cables or the F2 (one down from the top of the line). Has anyone else heard these and what are your impression of these items?
128x128baranyi
I agree with Tim in regard to the cables. I owned a pair of the FS-1 cables, they were OK for the money, not great.

Regards,
I agree, not great. I would place the speaker cables in a class with Monsters. Not a big fan of supporting China either.
Thanks for all the input. Do you have personal favorites for the best performance cables for the money?
Baranyi
I think the Xindaks are pretty good for the prices they actually sell for. Their retail listing is artificial/inflated, but the street price makes it a contender IMO. I bought some FS-2 to try out in a second system, and haven't been disappointed.
I also tried them in my main system, up against some well-regarded cables---HMS, Silversmith, Concierto Violins--and they weren't embarassed.

Mids are a little smoother and the midbass has a bit more drive with the HMS. There's a touch more immediacy, and a greater sense of ease with the Silversmith. The Violins provide more life and emotion (they're my present fave of the group).
Otherwise, pretty close. at a quarter/third the cost. Decent detail in the mids, reasonably neutral tonally, tight bass, coherence, a good, layered soundstage, and extended highs without zip.

See if your friend will let you borrow his. Every system and person has their own preferences. IMS, they beat out my Tice, Zu and Analysis Plus.
Richards,
I just looked up the price for the concierto violins and almost fell out of my chair. They must make them in Cremona!