Anybody Tried this Room Correction Program?

Saw this on the TACT forum. It looks like it should work. Intead of a dedicated hardware controller with DSP it employs a user supplied Intel-style computer.

http://www.sincaudio.com/
128x128onhwy61
The obligatory disclaimer: I have no financial interest in sincaudio. All I know about their product is the info contained in their website.

If you think about it the TACT really is just a dedicated computer, customized software and a few pieces of added hardware (mic, mic preamp, digital I/O). There's no reason why a generic PC could not be employed to run the software. There are any number of quality cards that offer digital I/O in either coax or XLR format that would allow the connection of the PC beween a CD transport and D/A converter. There are also a few products that offer Firewire I/O with built in mic preamps.

One of the advantages of the TACT approach is that as an integrated product it can be fully optimized to take maximum advantage of the individual pieces of hardware. TACT claims that their DSP chips are specially designed for audio processing. An off the shelf Intel processor is not audio optimized, but this relative disadvantage can be overcome with clever programming. It also should be possible to put together a Sincaudio system for less dollars than a TACT.

I recently purchased a TACT 2.0 and I'm still in the process of getting it optimized within my system. The initial results are quite positive, but there is still work to do. I certainly don't regret my purchase, but the Sincaudio seems interesting and I'm just looking for feedback from someone who has tried it.
Unsound, I don't know what you mean by "compromise the signal with analog at all?" It has to be converted to analog somewhere for the speakers to reproduce it (and the amplifier itself). And these errounously called "digital amps",if that's what you are proposing, are just class D amps in which there's is actually nothing digital about them, they are analog units and have been around as early as 1928 long before digital ever came to be. Class D just happened to be next in line after Class C, but these days the marketing just calls all Class D digital. There are a handful of ~true~ digital amps that do the DAC in the input stage (they take a digital signal as opposed to an analog signal (like the Class D amp in your velodyne sub)), but these units still have class D ouput stages. And the output stages is what determines the amplifiers operating class. Class D sucks for the most part. Class A and class B will always offer less distortion if done right. So I'm hedging there's probably less distortion converting the signal over to analog and feeding it to a regular A or B unit as oppossed one of these hybrid DAC/Class D units. The devil is in the detail, but Class D isn't great.
Ezmeraldall, I might be mistaken but I believe the TacT amps to be pure digital.
I'm not for super-certian with what TacT is doing inside, so maybe they do have something completely different, you may be right. I did just nosy on over to there sight. They would be about the only ones that would even have something "pure digital." (If memory serves maybe Wadia too had something similiar.) But the majority of the others are just Class D analog the whole way through. I may loom over on DIYaudio.com and see what more of the engineers are saying since I've seen TacT come up in discussion.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=e80d7dd05f01fce38712d6956a3e4657&threadid=1989&highlight=digital+amplifiers

That link has a healthy discussion on the amps, with specific mention given to what tact is doing. If it doesn't work, go to diyaudio.com, click under the "digital" forum, then click "search" and then type in digital amplifiers and one should come up about amplifying an ESL with a digital amp.