A “Tuned” power cord, Huh?

I've heard of a tuned turban, a tuned tuba, a tuned tuna, etc...

Please, anyone, is the above “mumbo” or “jumbo”...or...is there an actual scientific explanation for tuning a power cord?

Thank you.
vvrinc
Thank you, Warren, I would be interested to know more. (Does this guy belong to our dear Audiogon family?)

Looking in the Combak Corporation's website:
(http://www.combak.net)
I noticed that they offer “Tuning Feet”, a “CD Tuning Sheet”, a “Tuning Record Clamp”, a “Tuning Record Matte”, and “Room Tuning Devices”, interestingly enough, “tuning” is not mentioned anywhere in any of the PC, IC, or speaker cable descriptions. (?) Well, except on the box of the PC.
The word “resonances” does appear quite often, though, so I am assuming that “tuning” is some sort of manufacturing technique (of a proprietary scientific development) they employ which manipulates...electrical resonances?

From many accounts, these products are making folks very happy. Is this “tuning” the reason? Do other manufacturers “tune”?

(The “Tuned Tuna” was a local band in New Orleans back in the 60s. Fame, alas, was not their fortune.)
I had the optional (read, more expensive) TUNED tuna the other night at the local sushi bar and doing a direct a/b comparison with the "regular" tuna, I noticed an IMMEDIATE difference in......ahh......well, let's just say I'm now "singing a different tune!"
Hi All,

It is important to remember that the individual components that comprise our audio and video systems ARE NOT musical instruments. They reproduce the sound of the original musical instrument as it has been captured in the recording. If an audio or video component has its own sonic signature it will color every instrument it reproduces with that sonic signature. Excess vibrations and resonances that are allowed to be present in an audio system which alter the signal in the recording TAKES US FURTHER AWAY from being able to faithfully reproduce the sound of the original instrument.

Best,

Barry Kohan

Disclaimer: I am a manufacturer of vibration control products.
Psychicanimal says you can tune a PC by using the Highwire Audio Power Wrap! He says it works.
Check out Vansevers website, www.vansevers.com. He not only offers a tunable PC, but also offers Grip Tone Reasonators for PC's.

Mike knows his stuff.

Regards,

PS - No affiliation.