Which way to go with my PC Audio setup?

My current setup is an OLD Audio Research SP-4 pre-amp, Classe CA-200 amp, Arcam CD72. I was planning on purchasing an Audiolab mdac to run PC audio and my CD player through. I plan on running lossless iTunes and Spotify. What are your opinions on streaming through and Airport Express and what is my best wiring option from the CD player and the Airport Express to the DAC. Does anybody have experience running a modern DAC through such a vintage pre-amp. Sorry, I'm brand new to this, thought I would always just buy CD's, but since Spotify started steaming CD quality bit rates, I can't quite resist the thought of a 15,000,000 song juke box for $120 per year... Am I barking up the wrong tree all together. Looking for a combination of great sound and convenience.
128x128patrickrealtor76
Depends on your budget. you get what you pay for in this area. The more expensive, the more likely to beat your best CD transport, or even your vinyl.

Examples:
HiFace-$200
Halide Bridge-$395
Audiophilleo2-$600-900
Off-Ramp 5-$1299-1549
Diverter HR-$2880

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
If it is a new one, I believe they boot that way. If it is 2010 vintage, then hold-down the 6 and 4 keys on the keyboard during boot.

you can check to see if it is in 64 bit mode by looking at Utilities - System Profiler - Software - 64-bit kernel and extensions:

Should say "yes"

If it is an older one, then you must run a more complicated script.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
Patrickrealtor76, you could just get a combined streamer/DAC/preamp like the Squeezebox Transporter, which has a plugin for Spotify
Patrickrealtor76, you asked Audioengr:
So you are saying hook the Audiolab mDAC directly to the Classe CA-200 and ditch the pre-amp?

Audioengr said:
Patrick - no, dont connect line-out from any DAC to a preamp. You may accidently damage your speakers.

Audioengr misunderstood your question. Since the Classe CA-200 is an amplifier and not a preamp, it is perfectly fine for you to connect the MDAC directly to the Classe CA-200.