Thinking of jumping to analog...which turntable?

Hi! I have a very nice digital setup right now but I was thinking of trying the analog route. My question is how much would I have to spend to beat on analog equipment to beat what I have and which TT/tonearm/cartrige combo would you recommend? What I was thinking is trying some good value TT (VPI Jr??) but given the quality of my digital set up I wonder if I will have to go higher to better my current setup?

Current setup is:

Lector 7TL CDP
Lamm L1 pre
Lamm ML 1 amp
Verity Fidelio speakers.

Any advice is appreciated....thanks
bezenchuk
But you can make the search for records a mission. Used record stores, record conventions, online catalogs. I don't know how many records I rescued from garage sales and used record stores. Problem is you need a record cleaning machine to do it right... But analog sounds so much better than digital I think it's worth it!
Dear Bezenchuck: +++++ " I think the main question here is "how many records do you already own?"

If not many, I would seriously consider NOT getting into analog at all. It's wonderfull that there is so much used vinyl available at this time but a lot of it is worn and new lp's can be more expensive than CD. " +++++

I agree with Alun.

+++++ " A properly set up turntable can yield better sonics than CD, but at what cost? I personally found with my VPI HW19jr that my Jolida performed better over A WIDER VARIETY OF CD'S. " +++++

Here I agree too. The actual digital technology is really good on CD reproduction especially the upsampling one. For you really can beat your CD rig you need to do a " good " invest on your analog rig and I mean: TT, Tonearm, cartridge, phono preamp and cables ( at least ).

For the kind of audio system you own ( ยก congratulations !, very nice. ) I think that you have to invest whatever is need it about if you really want it to " live " the analog heaven.

My advise:

TT: Acoustic Signature Final Tool ( www.acoustic-signature.com )

Tonearm: SME IV/V or Moerch DP-6

Cartridges: Sumiko Celebration, Dynavector XV-1 or Shelther 90X.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Raul, you really like that Celebration a lot! How would you compare it to the Dynavector in terms of tracking ability!
Sorry to sidetrack this thread for just a bit. It's also nice to hear from an audiophile who has my same opinion on getting into new vinyl...
Hi Alun: My experience with both cartridges told me that both are good trackers: I never had any tracking problem with either. But remember that in the tracking problems not only the cartridge can be the " guilty ": tonearm, VTF, anti-skating, VTA/SRA, etc... intervene on that issue.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.