Advice for my first turntable/arm/cart please help

Hello,
I am asking for advice from my audiogon friends on what will be my first turntable. If looking to give suggestions please see my system link below. I am considering the following tables based on what I have read: Nottingham Spacedeck w/new Spacearm, Michell Gyrodec, VPI(don't know which one), or Teres. I most likely will buy used and without auditioning which I know is frowned on. I have found that with much reading and talking with agon friends I can usually know what gear I will like before buying. I have never set-up a tt before so I would not consider myself a d-i-y but I would like to attempt to set it up on my own. I do have a friend who is into vinyl that I could call on if needed. I plan on using the phono stage of my DK integrated to start but will be looking into outboard phono like EAR or K&K Audio. I have been reading many many threads but would like some input/advice from owners of the following tables that may save me from making a mistake. My listening tastes are rock, blues, jazz,etc. Honestly I listen to everything but classical. Any good places to audition turntables in metro detroit in case I decide to purchase a new table? Thanks to everyone in advance.
nicksgem10s
Rushton,
You may have nailed it with the distinction between the older and newer motor. My concern was (or was meant to be) consistent with that observation: older Scouts *may* have a speed stability issue.

C123666,
The least expensive Teres is actually the 150 ($1,890) not the 160.

The only components of the 150/160 that require finishing are the plinth and armboard. The platter and everything else come ready to plug-and-play. Whether one wants to do that is a personal choice of course.
Ok, everybody is weighing in with their favorites, so I might as well too.

A Nottingham Spacedeck is an excellent contender. I recently replaced my 5 yr. old Spacedeck with a newer one with the Ace-Space arm. The improvement is pretty substantial and I imagine comes mostly from the new arm, which now replaces the 3K Anna arm in their lineup. Better dynamics and rhythm & timing along with increased detail and resolution is what I'm hearing.

Long story short....the Nott gets my vote in your price range.

Oz
It's been years since I've heard one of those Anything tables, Francicso. Could you expound on its virtures! ;-)
Thanks for the suggestions from everyone. It will be a little while before I am able to buy anything so I will keep reading and make sure I get to listen to some different rigs before I buy. Mthieme please let me know if you want to try to work something out to meet. Maybe I could bring the DK by your place. Email me if you want to try to figure something out. Thanks to everyone.